27 June 2009

Jury Duty?...

Yesterday I had to go in to see if I would sit on jury. It was to be a criminal trial that under normal conditions I would have found very interesting. The trial would have lasted for between 2 & 3 weeks. That is the third time I have been called... CT does things a little different than IA but it was a pretty good day.

I think the baby may go into law... whenever the judges ( we heard from two) were speaking the baby was moving around like crazy! It would have been more comical but I was trying to keep my 'grunting' down as to not disturb the proceedings. :)

The judge was very kind when, he asked if anything in my life would make serving difficult. I said since the trial was to start on July 13th, that it was my due date... his face was priceless. (yes I do know that is not my true due date but Karla is sure the baby will come early...) Everyone in the courtroom laughed... maybe not the defendant, I didn't look at him too much!
Judge congratulated me, told me I looked great, asked me if it was my first, apologized for keeping me all day, thanked me for coming and attempting to serve, wished me luck, and dismissed me. I don't know think that my total time on the stand lasted for 5 minutes! Total time at court 7 hrs: 8:30 to 3:30. It was as always a good experience.

1 comment:

  1. I so want to be on a jury. I haven't been called in Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.