We have been busy! I find that my free time is limited to nap time which means no computer for me! :)
We went to Washington DC with Jeff last week, he was there for a conference and we were there to sight see... and that we did.
We took the train down and back which worked pretty well. It only takes 5 hours one way and Amtrak is great about pre-boarding, which I have decided is the key to traveling well with children. We walked around in the double stroller until 2 or 3 in the afternoon and then we went back to the hotel and tried to take naps.
Funny thing traveling with kids, the better part of three hours a day is spent trying to nap, good thing I had a nice view from the hotel to take up some time!
The kids all in all did really well. We were steps from the Mall so they were able to run a lot, Pieper mostly. Pete really liked to ride. Everywhere we went he would wave at everyone, with both hands of course! Most everyone smiled at him which encouraged him even more...
Pieper liked saying she went to Museums and looked at paintings like Olivia and Little Eisenstein cartoons.
She can recolonize the Capital and Washington Monument as well as the White House and say she was there. Sometimes the Washington Monument is a lighthouse but you get the idea. I had meant to bring out Goodnight Washington DC book but forgot it...
We were able to see John Henry ( a friend from Drake) a couple of times, it has been a very long time so it was nice to catch up and the kids loved him as he was very good about playing with them.
Jeff was free for some time in the morning and Friday afternoon so I "scheduled" those museums I thought it would help to have a man to man defense on the kids when he was available and it worked great.
It was a busy week but a very good one.
I don't even remember what we did the week before... I think it took me three days to pack... I know it has been raining here since May 1st with the exception of when we were in DC I think they had great weather. We have fog today and some rain, I feel like I am in Seattle!
Aunt Pam and Uncle Tim's wedding in coming up so we will be traveling again soon but we are airport bound for that trip and it will be a quick turn around.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.