17 May 2012

Day Two DC

 Jefferson Memorial. We got up early and made it around the Tidal Basin before noon. This is where all of the Cherry Trees bloom and FDR , Martin Luther King, DC War, and the John Paul Jones Memorials are around. I don't know about anyone else but I didn't even know FDR had such a big monument, it is 7.5 acres of fountains and statues with quotes on the walls to walk through right along the Basin. Very cool.
 Pete often took a nap while on the go in the mornings.
 I hadn't been to the Jefferson Memorial before so it was on my must do list.  Jeff stayed with the sleeping Pete while Pieper and I walked up and this is the picture she took.... budding photographer on our hands like her mama... guess I will have all of the different kinds of cameras she will need!
                                                    
Yes, that is Jeff and Pete.
 Peeking under the bridge
View from across the Basin from Kutz Bridge
                                    
 Back at the hotel.  I think they both took a three hour nap that day.


 Later that day the kids and I went down to the National Portrait Museum.  A lot of things close at 5:30 ( the kids weren't always up until then or later) so we were able to see somethings one wouldn't normally as they were open a little later. No pictures as we were caught in the rain, thank goodness we had Jeff's gigantic umbrella and the wonderful stroller.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.