21 May 2009

Dietitian meeting

Met with my Dietitian today, she was a very nice lady. Made sure to tell me it wasn't my fault or the M & M's I love! Jeff still doesn't buy that! Meeting was over two hours long. I am thinking everyone should have one of these, diabetes or not, very informative...
I feel better, turns out I can eat a lot more that the diet sample from the doctor... I would have had a pretty ruff time limiting my food to the first list I saw.
She said she isn't to worried about me because I was so low on the first two test. Said I might even lose weight but not to worry the baby will get all it needs.
I do have to poke myself four times a day to test my levels but on the up side if anyone ever needs this little machine, which is not cheap, I have one! :) It is pretty small, about the size of my "wallet"! (that is the the carrying case) At least the little poker thing(we do not use the word needle) is really small and I don't have to look at it while it mutilates my finger!
She even gave me some recipes for a chocolate moose of sorts and a fruit smoothy! She knew just looking at me that I couldn't go 6-8 weeks without chocolate! Must be in my eyes!!!
I have to check in with her weekly with my numbers and what food I ate in case something needs to be adjusted.
The diet is a little like that protein diet. No fruit juice though... I was worried about not getting enough milk, I need my milk as you all know... but she showed me a few ways around that. Not as much as I would like but I will take what I can!
Next doctor apt is Tuesday, we are going to measure and guess how big this baby in going to get.
That should be interesting. I am not going to let Jeff go with me as if the baby is really big as previously stated it will be his fault and my first instinct would be to hit him! :) I love you husband. XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.