Yes, we went home to Iowa for the holiday...
Yes, we did get stuck in Iowa City overnight as the 'blizzard' hit, I was glad to make it that far. We had sat on the road behind and accident for almost two hours in Il.
Yes, the kids were fantastic and the hotel was the best place ever to get stuck, a lot of Christmas trees and party rooms to explore for kids and parents to run around after ten or eleven hours in the car... I blocked out how long it was!
Yes, it took us five hours to get from Iowa City to Atlantic and Jeff did all of the driving.
We had to cancel a few dates to see friends as everything was messed up by the extra travel day but we had a great time as usual in Iowa. I will bore you with some pictures of our driving because I can and what is not to like about fresh snow drifts along the interstate?!
It was a beautiful drive, they had a lot more snow on the east side of the state vs. the west so the end of the drive was quicker! One of the books Pieper has uses trees with a lot of snow on them as 'snow bears' so we had a lot of fun looking for the 'bears' in the ditch.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.