We are ready as we are going to be...
Mom and Dad were out for a visit and and cut the trip short so they could get out of the way of Sandy. Glad to report the drive home was pretty good for them. It was GREAT to see them. We went to a pumpkin patch,and Two Door for fish and chips! The kids went right to them just like they see them every day so they had some seriously good play time!
We have gotten a small generator to keep the important things going, they are saying we are going to lose power... I choose to believe we might get lucky. We have a little wind right now but it is starting to pick up...
We just had a couple of trees cut down on Thursday which might turn out to be the best timing in the world! One tree was right next to the house...
I will say this... I doubt I will have to rake leaves a lot more more times after this storm!
Jeff's work is already sent out that he can work from home for two days, IF we have power, so we are really sealing in...
jeff went to get gas today and they were sold out. We had both filled up the cars and he was just trying to fill one of the gas cans up after filling the generator so we should have plenty of gas for a few days anyway, he even had to wait in line, I guess people are listening. If I am not mistaken some people were without power for two weeks after Irene. We are off of a pretty main road up here so we are pretty sure even if we lose it we will get it back pretty quickly and I hope we are right!
,
I can hear the wind picking up outside, it comes and goes in waves, we are supposed to have 60 MPH by 8AM... We shall see.
More later if we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.