She decided to wear her hat that morning... :)
So many things to see, like the puppy sitting next to us...
We went to the Wilton Parade... nice morning to be out and the kids liked the fire trucks at the end but if I may... apart from seeing the veterans that have served and the single small tractor in the parade the east coast is a bit of a bust when it comes to parades. I thought it was just a Greenwich thing but they really like to just see groups of people marching down the road...that is about the extent of the parade. Now to be very positive I LOVE hearing the bag pipes... at every parade they have bag pipes, a little band of bag pipes and they are fantastic!
This Iowa girl remembers the parades that lasted for over an hour (sometimes three) when she was growing up seeing new and old cars, tractors, combines, wagons, Shriners in the little cars, clowns and bouncy cars. How could anyone forget the candy throwing or the pork tasting and from when I was really young... when the beer wagon went by... that was the only time you ever saw the dads that were scattered around get up off the chair! :) Sigh. I am sure it is another sign of political correctness in the world but they sure are good memories.
Hope you all have a wonderful family and friends kind of day. We had the most wonderful weather of the week on Monday and we are now back to some rain, we are in a bit of a drought you know?!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.