22 August 2010

Going solo...

Jeff is traveling this week so Pieper and will be having a lot of girl time this week.
She has started to whine when she wants something, more with Jeff than with me but boy I hope she out grows that soon.
She doesn't knock down the stacks of block I make right away anymore... she bends down and studies the stack and picks a color in the middle and pulls on it from there.
We have been putting her on the potty, no success yet... but we are getting better at sitting on it longer, two books worth of time but not three!
It seems when she wakes up from her nap somedays she has grown up from the time we laid her down!
The capacity for learning amazes me, I feel very fortunate that she loves her books so much, I have to remind myself that when she picks up the 'good' books I don't let her read by herself... she has ripped two pages. (at least it hasn't been in the story itself, just the extra pages)
She still loves to dance and most any kind of music, piano really makes her bounce!
She is doing very good with her naps and going to bed at night and I hope I don't jinks myself. We ask her if it is time to put puppy night night and she will walk into the bedroom with puppy, we put puppy in the crib and then, sometimes after a brief chase we put Pieper in and she is out.
She will go get her high chair is she is hungry.
Walk to the sink while taking off her diaper if she is ready for her bath, I have a big sink in the kitchen, much easier on my back!
Go to the fridge and pull the towel off the handle if she would like some milk.
We have not started teaching her sign language. the doctor asked me and I asked why that is such a thing these days, she said it was so the child could communicate (as they can't talk yet).
I think Pieper has figured out how to let us know if she wants something... besides I refuse to teach or use the symbol for milk! Really intelligent people couldn't figure out something else?!
It has rained all day today but as CT was put on a mini water watch we were in need. I am sure the tomatoes with love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.